Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Ken's Advice on Selling a Stamp Collection

I have gotten a few viewers asking me for help on selling a stamp collection. I'm putting my advice, limited as it may be, here so I don't have to type it each time I get asked.

By the way, I don't buy stamp collections through this channel, so I can't help you that way.

As for how to sell stamps or a stamp collection: I'm afraid I have never sold a postage stamp, so I have zero experience with this. I know that some dealers will make offers on whole collections. I'd anticipate getting ten percent or less of the catalog value if you go that way. People also have success using eBay and Hipstamp to sell individual stamps and sets. Except for rarities, expect to get on the order of ten percent of catalog. If you do have rarities, consider reaching out to a stamp auction house. Comment to this post if you want to add to this advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Living People Portrayed On USPS-Issued Stamps

People From Photos, Life, or Used as Models; Still Living When Stamp Issued May 2024 This list was created by John Hotchner. To receive an u...